Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Still in hospital but good news

So, I'm still in the hospital but not having Congestive Heart Failure any more. Most of the fluid from my lungs and heart has been removed. I can breathe better and my heart is beating good. I had an echocardiogram done yesterday. The Dr. says that it shows good heart muscle and pumping action. It also shows a mitral valve regurtitation. This mitral valve problem may have been there for awhile, they don't know. Either way, the Dr. says that with the exeption of the valve I have a healthy heart in all four chambers, YEAH!
Tomorrow morning they will do a esophageal echocardiogram to see more details of my valve. This will help them decide if it is a "wait and monitor" problem or a "needs repair/replacement" problem.
After this is over, I can go home and try the rest of my recuperation from pneumonia and the whole mess. So, I think God let this happen to find my valve problem. I had attempted to get my other Drs (gyn and primary) to check my heart, but they kept saying I didn't a good enough reason for checking it. I had a "gut" reason for a few years now. So, I'm glad to have found the problem, so we can fix it and move on with life. The lord Jesus has always taken care of me and I thank him so much for continuing to do so.

No comments: