Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Writing from the Hospital

So, I'm writing from the hospital. I've had one heck of a week. Last Tuesday I became very ill and Wednesday morning decided I needed to go to the emergency room. They admitted me for pneumonia. On Thursday, while in the hospital I find out that my blood cultures reveal blood poisoning (Sepsis) of the bacteria that had infected my lung. I was given high doses of strong antibiotic called Levequil or something like that along with another one, which I don't remember the name of, but it made my head itch badly. I was told basically that the itch was worth the cure, so I took it. On Friday, I began bloating really badly. I told the nurse about it and she shook it off and told me it was a side affect of the meds. I was nausaus as well, again, told side affects. I asked if he was going to do any xrays before I left and he said no.This continued thru Saturday. When the Dr. came in to Discharge me I told him. He said, side affect and to take some antacid. I went home. I began to improve with the pneumonia and fever, but continued to bloat. By Monday morning I noticed that even my legs and feet were bloated. I had tried on some of my pants on Saturday and couldn't even get them around my butt. Monday morning I weighed myself. I had gained 22 pounds in only 5 days. Not Good. So, after several calls to Dr offices who didn't open on MLK day, I went to the emergency room.

Now here I am, admitted with Congestive Heart Failure. Wow, I can hardly believe it. Part of me wants to cry and be so sad about the prospect of a possible earlier demise then what I ever thought I'd have. Another part of me wants to say, well at least we know and now lets find a cure. So, I'm going with the second part of me. I will eventually die anyway, we all do, so I get a chance of preventing mine for a bit by finding the cause and following the treatment. At least I didn't have a heart attack out of the blue and just die. So, that is all I want to write for now. I'm getting a bit tired. Of course the whole time I was writing I didn't have one interruption from hospital staff. They are waiting for me to attempt a nap. Which is what I'm going to do. Later.

1 comment:

StillStanding said...

Oh, Denise. My most heartfelt prayers go out to you, John, Ashley and Amber for strength, hope, comfort and of course, healing.