Saturday, January 1, 2011

So, I realize I haven't updated my blog in a while. First, my Bone marrow biopsy was good, meaning I don't have anything that is diagnosable. This is good because I don't have anything too serious right now. The doctor said my results were "interesting" LOL. Anyway, long story short is that the parts which were abnormal were areas which can be abnormal for either an autoimmune/inflammatory disorder or a mild pre-leukemia. So, I am still a lab rat :) The oncologist wants the rheumatologist to rule out autoimmune and after I seen the rheumatologist (Dec 21) he has wanted the biopsy to rule out pre-leukemia prior to treatment for autoimmune disorder. So, from both Doctors it is a monitor and see what happens down the road. If I begin to get worse as months/years go by then whatever surfaces, that is what I will be treated for. Meanwhile I take anti-infammatories for an achiness and take good care of myself so my immune system doesn't have to react to itself. The end.

Now, for life update. Christmas was very good, but we missed Amber and Carlos. This was the first year that Amber spent away from us at Christmas (now that Carlos and she are married then in-laws get a turn), which is fine, such is life. We had a wonderful time in Silver City with Ashley and her boyfriend Gabe. Thanksgiving was spent at Ashley's in Silver City(due to the convenience of travel for Amber and Ashley and days off). Next year, I have no idea where we will be for Thanksgiving, but John insists that we aren't "going anywhere" for Christmas. I think he got tired of traveling so much. We had went to the trainings for the Chrysalis in Oct, Nov, then Thanksgiving, then Dec, then Albuq, then Christmas to Silver. I really would love to stay home for Christmas, but I don't want to be alone with just the two of us. So, I hope next year the kids can travel to see us or I will be very sad at Christmas time.
I'm going to be taking a math class (online) this spring. It starts in two weeks. I hope I can do it. I haven't had math in about two years and it was basic algebra then. This class sounds like fun. It is Math Appreciation and it has problems in it like I used to do for fun in the brain books (logic puzzles, etc). I really like math, but I don't know all the mathematical terms and reading a word problem without knowing all the terms and procedures can be intimidating especially when it is online and your teaching yourself LOL. Oh well. My resolution for the new new year is #1 Get through it with my sanity in tact LOL and #2 Maintain my current weight loss.

No comments: