Friday, July 2, 2010

So, I realize I this is my third post today (yep I can count to three LOL), but I wanted to say a little about our Dallas/OK trip while I have time to type.
We went to Dallas June 10. We seen relatives there and had a wonderful visit. Kathy, our host, was so very fun to be around. Her house was peaceful and so comforting. If I ever need to go somewhere for peace and comfort, her house would be ideal.
We then went to Oklahoma. I seen my brother Steve there and his wife Judy. They were very sweet and their home also very peaceful and comforting. Judy was a very caring host. We enjoyed hearing Steven sing and play guitar. He played one of my favorite tunes called "Vincent" and also yodeled. LOL I didn't know he could yodel.I will include video of this at another time (if its not to large a file to download).
I also got to see my biological dad, Ralph. I met his new wife and his oldest daughter Debra (He has another daughter, Dana and one son Doyle). Truth is, his second/current wife and children didn't know I was his kid until about 3 years ago. So, this was an interesting meeting, but it went well. I didn't discuss anything about it and let them get to know me a bit for who I am as a person, not for who I am as a new and surprising family member. They started out being cautious, but soon warmed up. The details of this can be discussed at a further time.
I will say we had a wonderful trip. John was wonderful as usual and supportive in every way during this whole trip to see family. Well, I guess that's it. It was all good, and I needed to get away, so it was wonderful. :)

No comments: