Friday, July 2, 2010

Health update

So, I went to MDAnderson cancer center for a second opinion and biopsy of my thyroid nodules. They said they were benign. Yeah! The Dr in Carlsbad said they were benign but wanted to take the thyroid out or "watch" them every 3 to 6 months. The Dr At the cancer center said my Thyroid hormones are normal and that they currently don't recommend I do anything. Just leave them alone and have an ultrasound once a year to check for new ones or growth of the old ones. They also informed me that if they are benign, they won't "turn" cancerous. So, that was a relief.
I'm still coughing alot and getting hoarse but one thing at a time, at least this isn't due to thyroid. :)

I had been having some "lady problems" but I wasn't sure if these were due to my thyroid or not. I now know that since my thyroid hormones are normal, I'm "officially" going through pre-menopause. Which is fine with me, at least it is a normal function. I love the idea of "normal" because there are more "fixes" for normal problems then rare ones LOL.

No comments: