Monday, July 8, 2013

Onward Bound

Graduation was a success! Woohoo! 

Future plans as of Graduation (May). I had been accepted into the Masters of Occupational Therapy program, scheduled to begin August 2013. 
In June, I received a letter explaining that I was "still accepted" but that the university was revamping the program and it was being postponed for one year. So, I am now accepted to start the program in August 2014 
This means I will not begin graduate school this fall and so I will need to begin to repay my student loans, which is convenient I suppose because they will begin about the time my braces are paid for LOL. 
So currently I am an unemployed person with an associate degree in OT and a BS in Psychology. 

I applied for two employment possibilities and I have been interviewed for one. 
One is with the public schools as a COTA and one is at the university as an Assistant Professor. I was interviewed for the latter. I also want the latter the most. It would be something I believe I could excel at, but of course I may not be what the search committee desires.

I hate waiting. 
Seriously, at my past job, the administrators already had an idea who they wanted to hire before they even did interviews. In small towns like this one and Carlsbad, I am sure the committees have an idea who they wish to hire. 
When I left my interview, I thought, "I think they loved me! I fit in so well here! I am everything they want! I have excellent references and work history! I just know they are going to call me!"

Today, I am waiting and doubting everything.  Perhaps, they already found someone and I was just part of the process they had to complete prior to hiring who they wanted originally. Perhaps, I did not say or do something they liked or wanted to hear. Perhaps, this job won't happen after all. 

I hate waiting. 
I tried not to get excited about this job, but gosh darn it, it sounded wonderful! It sounded like the kind of job I have wanted for years.  I love teaching adults, I love using my creativity in OT to help people to be good at OT. I would love this job. 

I hate waiting. 
Oh well. 

So, if I am not called for either job, I will immerse myself in working with CASA. There are some wonderful people in this organization. I will be good at this as well. I sound full of myself LOL (I am so good haha). I really am good at working with people who are having difficulties in life. It is my history. 
I will then begin my MOT program a year from now. 

I love planning a future. I hate waiting.

4 comments:

Jube said...

Best of luck!

Amber said...

Carlos and I know too well about the wait after an interview. I'd say it's wrong to wonder if you did or said anything they didn't like. There's never really any way to know. If you're happy with how you did, then that's all that matters! A different set of interviewers could have an entirely different opinion on who is best for a job. So you can just be happy knowing you did your best. (And maybe you'll still get the job!)

As for the waiting... I got so tired of waiting. Waiting to graduate... waiting to get married... waiting for Carlos to get a job... I finally decided during the year that Carlos was unemployed that I wasn't going to live life "waiting" anymore! Every time after that that Carlos had an interview, I would just continue on as if he didn't get the job; to be happy with where I was and how things were currently. Then when he finally got the job... all the more reason to be extra happy!

ldupbeat said...

Thank you for the advice Amber. It is very good advice :)
I will post what happens, eventually LOL, since I am poor at updated my blog on a regular basis.

ldupbeat said...

Thanks Jube, I know you know all about waiting as well.