Tuesday, May 7, 2013

College Graduation

So, I "walk" for graduation this Friday May 10th. Yep, in a few days. I am really excited about my accomplishment. I am actually quite disappointed that most of my family cannot be there, but when we all live states away from each other, that is the way it is.  

My daughter Ashley and her boy friend Gabe and my husband of course will be attending my graduation. My neighbors said they were coming, which surprised me, but I think it is really sweet of them to want to celebrate with me. My sweet daughter in WA will watch via internet and I think my sister, Theresa, will watch via internet as well.
My sweet husband has been there supporting me throughout the 12 years that it has taken me to get this Bachelor of Science degree. 

I have also been informed that I have been accepted into the MOT (Master of Occupational Therapy) program. This program is pretty competitive and they only take 20 students. They only accept COTAs, which is what I am. My expected graduation date is December 2015. Once I graduate, I can take the registry exam and upon passing, I will be a full fledged Occupational Therapist! No longer will I be the assistant. This will be helpful because as an OT I can find employment almost anywhere. 

 
    

No comments: