Monday, June 23, 2008

No news if often good news. I have no news worth printing. I did read my nieces blog about what it's like to be in California. It made me think of my own kids and how hard it is to start out in life, especially when you don't have a good income. We often take for granted the small things that make us comfortable. Some of the things I have been grateful to have, that in the past I did not; air conditioner (that works), central air vs a small heater we'd gather around in the winter LOL, a car (that works) with tires with tread and a working windshield wiper LOL, food in the frig, a washer and dryer (that works), more then 2 pair of shoes (thongs and tennis), Health insurance (thats a big one), a job that pays above minimum wage, more than 2 pots and pans (skillet and cookie sheet), a whole set of kitchen utensils, glass vs plastic plates to eat on, towels that are thicker then a sheet (I still don't match, but I don't care), more then one set of sheets. I'm sure there are many more, but space is limited. I hope I continue to be aware of all that I've been blessed with and to know I can survive without any of it, if it is is ever taken away.

1 comment:

nana said...

Wow, thanks for the list. We don't often think of the things we take for granted in our lives.