Sunday, September 5, 2010

Camping with Loved ones

Last weekend, my husband and I, Amber and Carlos, Ashley and Gabe all went camping. It was wonderful. There is no phone service up at the top of the mountain where we were. It was green, beautiful, fresh and fun! My daughter's always have a way of making me laugh and that Friday while sitting around the camp fire I laughed so hard I cried. To this day I still don't remember what I even laughed at, but I know it felt wonderful! On Friday night we roasted wieners over a camp fire, visited and laughed. On Saturday, we made breakfast burritos of sausage, potato, egg, green chilie and cheese, cooked fresh outdoors. We fished in a small lake, which is on the indian reservation where we camped. Ash, caught the first fish, Gabe the second and Carlos the last and longest. This was Carlos' first time to ever catch a fish as well as Ashley's. That evening we made "foil" dinners, buffet style and cooked the "catches of the day" in foil on the camp fire. Later in the evening we roasted marshmellows and again laughed and relaxed. Sunday we had outdoor cooked blueberry pancakes and bacon. At lunch, Amber and Carlos made chicken salad sandwiches. They were delicious. We then packed up and headed back home. I wish I could have stayed up there another week, it was so lovely. I will attempt to put some pics on here to view.

No comments: