Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer is almost here!

So, since my last post, I have applied to a few more jobs, which I didn't get. I have now decided that unless employment opens up for a COTA, I am going to go to college full-time and get my BS in Psychology. Yes, I've switched my major, but I've always liked Psychology. I've read much about human behavior (probably in an attempt to understand my own family) and I've really enjoyed learning about it. Granted, better understanding only leads to better acceptance, not the ability to change a person's behavior. So, that is all that I have to say about my current "job/career" ventures. I'm very excited about seeing Amber and Carlos. We will be visiting them in June and then Amber will visit us in July. I haven't seen them since Christmas and I think this is too long. I have throughly enjoyed living near Ashley. We got pedicures today, it was my gift for Mother's day. Amber gave me a most wonderful bath pillow for my new bathtub and a fun movie "Young Frankenstein". I love comedies and I don't think a person can laugh too much! I will update this blog sooner, since I have no school starting until June, yea!

3 comments:

Jube said...

Sorry your job situation isn't working out like you hoped. What are you hoping to do with a psychology degree? Are you planning to go on for a master's? Congrats on the new direction.

ldupbeat said...

With my background as a COTA, I will qualify for the MOT (Masters of Occupational Therapy) degree that is offered here in Silver. So, I plan on applying for admissions for the fall of 2013. With a BS or BA I will also have the credentials to teach the OTA (Associate) program at the university here. So, I will see what life gives me :)

Jube said...

Best of luck!